At Autumn Lane Doodles, our dogs are the heart and soul of our program. As we work to build and grow our program, we take our time in selecting quality breeding stock that will not only enhance the quality of our program, but also the Australian Labradoodle breed. A paramount consideration for our program is not just the physical well-being of our dogs, but the emotional well-being as well…A healthy, happy, well-rounded Australian Labradoodle is the ultimate goal of our program. We want our Labradoodles to live and thrive as cherished pets; in homes with families that share our commitment to loving and caring for our dogs. This is what makes guardian homes essential. We are not a kennel and do not desire a kennel like environment for our dogs; therefore, in order to continue to grow a quality program with consideration to our beloved dogs and the life they deserve, we have implemented a Guardian program.
A guardian is a local family, who has the benefit of having the pick of the litter puppy, or adolescent dog, who has been fully health tested, to reside with them. As a guardian, the dog resides with you as your forever pet, while we retain breeding rights. Once the dog's breeding career is complete (usually 4 litters for females and about 6 years for males), your pet will be spayed or neutered at our expense and your initial payment will be returned to you*. Guardians are under contractual arrangement until the dog's breeding career is complete.
We are more concerned for our puppies/dogs going to sound, loving families, who will properly socialize and train the dogs, in addition to giving them the love and care every family pet deserves. We want our dogs to live confident and social lives; therefore, the fee to adopt one of our puppies/dogs is $500. As a guardian, you would be responsible for the day to day care of the puppy/dog, including feeding a high quality dog food, grooming, training and socialization, exercise, preventative care, such as heart worm and flea and tick prevention; and routine medical and veterinary care, as you would with any family pet. Autumn Lane Doodles is responsible for veterinary and medical care related to the reproductive health and welfare of the puppy/dog; which also includes full health testing. Of most importance, is the love and affection our dog receives. By training and socializing your dog, your dog will better understand his or her place in your pack and the world they live in. What better gift of love can a pack leader (you) give?!
Being a guardian provides the best of two worlds! You have the wonderful benefit of having an Autumn Lane Doodle pick of the litter puppy or dog reside with you as your forever pet at a reduced cost, while you also share in the joy of being a part of the Autumn Lane Doodles family through your beloved pet! At the end of your dog's breeding career your initial payment is returned to you*.
Some basic prerequisites to qualify as a guardian:
1) Willingness to feed the recommended diet. We currently feed all of our dogs Life's Abundance Dog Food
2) The primary caregiver can not work FULL time out side the home causing the dog to be left home alone for long periods of time. Part-time employment or ability to take dog to work is desirable.
3) No intact male dogs (not neutered) should be residing on the premises to increase a risk of an unwanted mating.
Must reside within 1 hour of Taneytown, MD area (25 minutes for guardianship of a male), and, No anticipated job transfers that remove the dog beyond this 1 hour time radius from Autumn Lane Doodles while the Guardian Agreement is in effect. You must be willing to transport the dog to us.
5) Willing to train the dog and obtain Basic Canine Obedience, at a minimum.
6) Must have a physical fence or an invisible fence.
7) A willingness to accept and follow breeder's recommendations for the dogs basic health care and veterinarian care, such as vaccine schedules, heart worm, flea and tick and the use of certain medications, etc.
8) A willingness to maintain open lines of communications with Autumn Lane Doodles with matters related to the dog.
9) A willingness to allow me to visit your home, only when necessary, and be able to visit my home so the dog and I remain familiar to one another.
Please complete the attached application above and email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org